AUTOMOTIVE BRAKE AND CLUTCH FLUID
Caltex Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 4
Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 4 is a high quality, non-petroleum automotive brake fluid designed for use in conventional hydraulic brake and clutch systems under normal service conditions.
- Maintains braking performance longer
Higher boiling point, and the ability to retain boiling point in service, minimizes vapor formation at high temperatures, enabling braking performance to be maintained in service for longer than DOT 3 types.
- Inventory savings
Widespread suitability for different motor vehicles may provide inventory benefits. In addition, vehicle manufacturers are increasingly specifying this level of performance.
- Protects metal surfaces
Buffered formulation provides protection from acidic oxidation products for cast iron and steel components by maintaining the pH of the fluid in the alkaline range. Advanced technology inhibitors protect other metals such as aluminum, brass, copper, zinc and tin from corrosion by forming a protective layer on the surface.
- Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 4 is an advanced, nonpetroleum automotive brake fluid designed for use in conventional hydraulic brake and clutch systems, particularly in severe service conditions or where DOT 4 fluids are recommended.
- Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 4 provides an additional safety margin against “vapor lock” compared with brake fluids meeting less stringent specification requirements.
- All hydraulically operated motor vehicle braking systems (drum and disc types) for which a DOT 4 or SAE J1704 fluid is specified. This may include:
- Vehicles with anti-lock (ABS) braking systems
- Hydraulic clutch systems requiring conventional fluids
- Passenger cars, commercial road transport, and motorcycles
- Make-up or service fill of braking systems requiring SAE J1703 fluids.
- Make-up or service fill of braking systems requiring DOT 3 fluids, unless the OEM specifically recommends against the use of DOT 4 fluids (e.g. certain Toyota models).
For vehicles operating in extreme service conditions, or where a DOT 5.1 fluid is specified, Caltex Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 5.1 is recommended.
Not to be used in systems designed for mineral oil based fluids (LHM), e.g., certain Citroen models and many off-highway vehicles and tractors, or where Silicone -type DOT 5 fluids are recommended.