VARTECH™ Industrial System Cleaner
VARTECH™ Industrial System Cleaner (ISC) is a deposit-cleaning product added directly to the oil in use during operation to clean a system of varnish and sludge before a scheduled oil change. VARTECH™ ISC helps prepare the system for optimum performance of a new, fresh oil charge.
Disclaimer: The actual product may vary from the images shown on this website.
*Our Product Data Sheets (PDS) contain product information including features, benefits, applications, typical key properties and service considerations. PDSs are produced regionally based on the best available information at the time of issue. For each product, there is one PDS for the Asia Pacific region. The specific information included in each PDS may not directly reflect the Australian market or Australian conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between this webpage and the applicable PDS, this webpage prevails. For the most up-to-date, Australian-specific information contact us. Please note that, by clicking the PDS link, you will be leaving the Caltex Australia website.
VARTECH™ ISC delivers value through:
- The stabilization of varnish and sludge deposits into the oil to enable their efficient removal through a scheduled oil change, restoring system operational efficiency.
- Minimal filter plugging.
- Its excellent compatibility with many turbine and compressor products (mineral and synthetic hydrocarbon based).
- The retention of both oil/water separability and oxidation life performance.
- Excellent seal compatibility.
- Extended cleaning times.
VARTECH™ Industrial System Cleaner:
When added to the end-of-life in-service oil, VARTECH™ ISC’s state-of-the-art triple-action technology:
- Cuts through hard varnish to remove it as micro-sized varnish particles.
- Captures and stabilizes the micro-sized varnish particles in a protective barrier to enable effective removal of the varnish from the system without re-depositing to the equipment.
- Provides compatibility with the in-service oil for optimum operational flexibility while maintaining system performance during the cleaning cycle to prepare for change out to fresh oil.
VARTECH™ Industrial System Cleaner is suitable for use in concentrations between 5% to 20% of the total oil volume in the system. It is designed to be effective under normal operating temperatures, not to exceed 120°C (250°F).
VARTECH™ Industrial System Cleaner is formulated for use and is compatible with many mineral, synthetic hydrocarbon or ester based compressor and turbine oils. It is effective in varnish and sludge removal from steam and gas turbines, and various types of air compressors.