Regal® R&O 220
Regal® R&O oils are turbine oils designed to give outstanding performance in steam and hydroelectric turbines.
*Our Product Data Sheets (PDS) contain product information including features, benefits, applications, typical key properties and service considerations. PDSs are produced regionally based on the best available information at the time of issue. For each product, there is one PDS for the Asia Pacific region. The specific information included in each PDS may not directly reflect the Australian market or Australian conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between this webpage and the applicable PDS, this webpage prevails. For the most up-to-date, Australian-specific information contact us. Please note that, by clicking the PDS link, you will be leaving the Caltex Australia website.
Regal® R&O oils deliver value through:
- Long lubricant life provided by excellent thermal and oxidation stability. Formulated with an ashless, zinc-free formulation.
- Excellent demulsibility to help ensure good lubricant film strength and minimal wear through quick water separation.
- Excellent air release in turbine oil reservoir systems by the foam inhibitor hastening the release of foam and entrained air.
- Rust protection of metal surfaces due to the use of an effective rust and corrosion inhibitor.
- Environmental benefits — All grades ashless. This facilitates reclaiming and recycling of the used oils.
Regal® R&O oils provide rust protection, oxidation inhibition, and foam suppression.
They pass the Fresh Water Corrosion Test (ASTM D665, Procedure A), and the severe Synthetic Sea Water Rust Test (ASTM D665, Procedure B).
The thermal and oxidation stability of these lubricants,due to their high level of refinement, has been further enhanced by their unique ashless, zinc-free formulation. The high thermal and oxidation stability help protect against oxidation deposit formation or the generation of acidic material.
Regal® R&O oils have very good demulsibility characteristics allowing quick release of moisture.
Regal® R&O oils minimise entrained air which otherwise could result in low lubricant film strength between moving parts and pump cavitation.
These products can also be used as a general purpose machine oil for shop use when R&O type oil is needed or is recommended. The multifunctional characteristics of Regal® R&O type oils may allow them to replace other special application lubricants, which can assist to reduce inventory and operating cost.