TMGL®Premium is a black, adhesive, semi-fluid grease specifically designed for lubrication of traction motor gear cases of diesel-electric locomotives.
Disclaimer: The actual product may vary from the images shown on this website.
*Our Product Data Sheets (PDS) contain product information including features, benefits, applications, typical key properties and service considerations. PDSs are produced regionally based on the best available information at the time of issue. For each product, there is one PDS for the Asia Pacific region. The specific information included in each PDS may not directly reflect the Australian market or Australian conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between this webpage and the applicable PDS, this webpage prevails. For the most up-to-date, Australian-specific information contact us. Please note that, by clicking the PDS link, you will be leaving the Caltex Australia website.
- Protects metal surfaces
High film strength and EP additive package protects heavily loaded gears from wear and scuffing. Good low temperature fluidity ensures that effective lubrication is maintained under cold startup conditions.
- Enhanced service life
Effective oxidation resistance minimizes thickening in high temperature service, while high base oil viscosity and adhesiveness reduce the tendency to leak from the gear case.
- Enhanced equipment protection
Effective corrosion inhibitors protect gear components from rusting in wet conditions.
- TMGL®Premium is a black, adhesive, semi-fluid grease specifically designed for lubrication of traction motor gear cases of diesel-electric locomotives.
- TMGL®Premium contains a lithium thickener, very high viscosity base fluid and special EP additive system.
- Traction motor gear cases (incorporating appropriate seal designs) where semi-fluid grease-type lubricants are specified.
- Older non-sealed traction motor designs that normally use heavy residual-type gear lubricants, where the higher leakage rate that may result is acceptable.
- Slow to medium speed industrial gear applications where an EP semi-fluid grease is recommended.