Marine Engine Oil
SAE: 40 XL 40 / 50 XL 40
Taro® XL Series lubricants are high-performance, highBN, diesel engine oils for medium-speed trunk piston diesel engines fuelled by residual fuels to maximum Sulphur level of 4.5%.
*Our Product Data Sheets (PDS) contain product information including features, benefits, applications, typical key properties and service considerations. PDSs are produced regionally based on the best available information at the time of issue. For each product, there is one PDS for the Asia Pacific region. The specific information included in each PDS may not directly reflect the Australian market or Australian conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between this webpage and the applicable PDS, this webpage prevails. For the most up-to-date, Australian-specific information contact us. Please note that, by clicking the PDS link, you will be leaving the Caltex Australia website.
- Wear Protection
Optimum BN levels control cylinder liner wear effectively and protect bearings from corrosion. High-performance, antiwear additives provide excellent protection against adhesive wear for cams, camshaft and bearings. Taro® DP Series lubricants also provide a high degree of water tolerance and antifoam properties.
- Detergent/Dispersant Properties
The unique detergent and dispersant additive system provide outstanding piston cleanliness as well as control of fuel contaminants. This results in extreme reduction of both “hot” (piston lands and grooves, piston under crown, purifier preheaters) and “cold” (crankcase, cambox, rocker area, fuel pumps, purifier bowl) deposits.
- Oxidation Stability
Oxidation inhibitors protect the oil against high thermal stresses, protect engine parts from corrosion and reduce under crown deposits while promoting extended lubricant life.
- Rust Prevention
Prevents corrosion of engine parts when the engine is not in operation. Balanced Additive Combination Provides minimum maintenance and downtime, long engine life and economical operating costs.
- Balanced Additive Combination
Provides minimum maintenance and downtime, long engine life and economical operating costs.
- Taro® XL Series lubricants are high-performance, highBN, diesel engine oils for medium-speed trunk piston diesel engines fueled by residual fuels to maximum Sulphur level of 4.5%.
- Taro® XL Series lubricants are blended from high-quality base oils and additives that provide an extra margin of protection against ring sticking, piston deposits and wear under the most severe operating conditions.
- Taro® XL Series lubricants have very good viscosity control when used in severe high- temperature service, and their excellent BN retention characteristics prevent corrosive wear over long periods of operation.
- Taro® XL Series lubricants provide a high degree of water tolerance and have good water separation and base retention properties.
- Taro® XL Series lubricants are recommended for all types of trunk piston diesel engines burning residual fuels with a maximum sulphur level of 4.5%. Taro® XL Series lubricants are approved by all major OEMs.