Marine Engine Oil
Taro® 20 DP
Taro® 20 DP is a medium alkaline reserve (20 Base Number) trunk piston engine oil (TPEO).
*Our Product Data Sheets (PDS) contain product information including features, benefits, applications, typical key properties and service considerations. PDSs are produced regionally based on the best available information at the time of issue. For each product, there is one PDS for the Asia Pacific region. The specific information included in each PDS may not directly reflect the Australian market or Australian conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between this webpage and the applicable PDS, this webpage prevails. For the most up-to-date, Australian-specific information contact us. Please note that, by clicking the PDS link, you will be leaving the Caltex Australia website.
- Wear Protection
High alkalinity levels control cylinder liner wear effectively and protect bearings from corrosion. High-performance antiwear additives provide excellent protection against adhesive wear for cams, camshaft and bearings. Taro 20 DP also provides a high degree of water tolerance and antifoam protection.
- Detergent-Dispersant Properties
Keeps crankcase and oil control rings clean. Prevents deposit formation throughout the engine. Reduces lube oil filter blockage. Effectively handles insolubles
- Oxidation Stability
Oxidation inhibitors protect the oil against thermal stresses, protect engine parts from corrosion and reduce undercrown deposits while promoting extended lubricant life.
- Taro® 20 DP is a medium alkaline reserve (20 Base Number) trunk piston engine oil (TPEO).
- Taro® 20 DP has been specifically designed for use in high specific output medium speed trunk piston engines burning lower sulfur content (up to 2.0%) heavy residual fuels or marine diesel fuel.
- Taro® 20 DP is particularly suited to high load factor operations in marine or stationary service and where heavy fuels with high asphaltene content (such as those containing visbroken residues) are used.
- Medium speed trunk piston engines including latest designs in stationary power generation, especially in high load factor operations.
- Medium speed trunk piston engines in marine service.