Industrial Gear Oil
Meropa® XL 68, 150, 220, 320, 460, 680
ISO: 68, 150, 220, 320, 460, 680
Meropa® XL gear oils are premium high-performance gear oils, offering long lubricant life, corrosion protection, excellent wear protection with high load carrying capacity and robust micropitting wear protection. They are designed for use in industrial and marine gear systems, where extreme load and shock load protection is required.
*Our Product Data Sheets (PDS) contain product information including features, benefits, applications, typical key properties and service considerations. PDSs are produced regionally based on the best available information at the time of issue. For each product, there is one PDS for the Asia Pacific region. The specific information included in each PDS may not directly reflect the Australian market or Australian conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between this webpage and the applicable PDS, this webpage prevails. For the most up-to-date, Australian-specific information contact us. Please note that, by clicking the PDS link, you will be leaving the Caltex Australia website.
Meropa® XL gear oils deliver value through:
- Provides thermal and oxidative stability — The thermal and oxidative stability of Meropa® XL minimizes deposit formation and can extend bearing and gear life. Excellent resistance to oil degradationat high temperatures, resulting in extended oil lifeand long drain intervals.
- Rust and corrosion protection — Meropa® XL offers rust and corrosion protection over long service periods.
- Extended gear and bearing life — Particularly effective in enclosed gear drives operating under extreme load, speed, and temperature conditions.
- Less wear — Ensures optimum wear protection with reduced maintenance and increased system uptime.
- Provides micropitting resistance — Delivers excellent micropitting and wear protection with reduced maintenance and increased system uptime. Approved by Flender Gear Units for helical, beveland planetary gear units. Micropitting performance is a key component in the Flender approval.
- Keeps components clean — Advanced additive technology helps prevent varnish and sludge and keeps components clean. Clean components can contribute to long lubricant and equipment life.
- Water separation — Excellent demulsibility and corrosion protection for trouble-free operation inapplications where water contamination is unavoidable.
- Meropa® XL gear oils are designed to help ensure optimal performance intoday’s smaller, lighter and more energy efficient industrial gear systems. The advanced formulation is balanced to provide extreme pressure protection, while providing protection against yellow metal corrosion. The robust chemistry is compatible with multiple types of sealant and paint coatings, andhelps to minimize the possibility of leaking seals and paint blistering on the inside of the gearbox. Competitive products with over-aggressive chemistries will attack the paint coatings and cause filter plugging.
Meropa® XL gear oils are recommended for:
- Industrial enclosed gearing where an AGMA EP lubricant is specified
- Industrial enclosed gearing where DIN 51517 (CLP) lubricant is specified
- Bath, splash, circulating, or spray mist lubrication as applicable to the proper viscosity grade
- Marine gearboxes requiring an extreme pressure lubricant
- Rexnord gear drives requiring an extreme pressure or conventional micropitting resistant lubricant Also recommended for a variety of gears, including:
- Spur, bevel, helical, worm and industrial hypoid gear cases on mobile contractor type equipment
- Underground mining equipment
- Cement mills, ball mills
- Rolling mills
- Machine tools
- Marine equipment