"Limited Slip" Automotive Gear Oil
Geartex® LS SAE 85W-90
High performance, EP automotive gear oil specifically designed for “limited slip” rear drive differentials, and conforms to API GL-5 service designation. It is formulated with a mineral oil base in combination with an effective additive package.
Its special friction properties help to provide smooth, noise free operation and extended life of multiplate clutches in limited slip differentials (LSDs).
*Our Product Data Sheets (PDS) contain product information including features, benefits, applications, typical key properties and service considerations. PDSs are produced regionally based on the best available information at the time of issue. For each product, there is one PDS for the Asia Pacific region. The specific information included in each PDS may not directly reflect the Australian market or Australian conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between this webpage and the applicable PDS, this webpage prevails. For the most up-to-date, Australian-specific information contact us. Please note that, by clicking the PDS link, you will be leaving the Caltex Australia website.
- Quiet, reduced-shudder operation
Special friction modifier system provides excellent lubricity characteristics to help promote smooth, non-stick/slip engagement and disengagement of limited slip differential plate clutches.
- Long gear life
Robust EP additives help control gear tooth wear, even under high torque, low speed and shock loading conditions. Rust and corrosion inhibitors help prevent component damage by water condensation or contamination.
- Low temperature fluidity
Low temperature fluidity aids rapid lubricant circulation and wear protection during cold starts.
- Reliable shear stability
Reliable shear stability promotes consistent viscosity and system protection throughout fluid lifetime.
- High performance, EP automotive gear oil specifically designed for “limited slip” rear drive differentials, and conforms to API GL-5 service designation.
- It is formulated with a mineral oil base in combination with an effective additive package. Its special friction properties help to provide smooth, noise free operation and extended life of multiplate clutches in limited slip differentials (LSDs).
- Geartex® LS SAE 85W-90 is specifically designed for use in automotive limited slip differential drive axles. The special friction modifier additive included in the formulation is approved by ZF for use in their limited slip systems. It also meets the requirements for ArvinMeritor limited slip axles.
- Geartex® LS SAE 85W-90 may also be used in equipment requiring a standard API GL-5 gear lubricant: hypoid drive axles, steering systems.
- The friction characteristics of Geartex® LS SAE 85W-90 makes it unsuitable for use in synchronized manual transmissions and transaxles, and it should not be used in these applications unless an API GL-5 fluid is specifically recommended.
- Operating temperatures of above +100°C will lead to a significant reduction in the fluid service life. Peak operating temperatures should not exceed +120°C.
Delo has been delivering end-to-end protection for over 80 years. ISOSYN® Technology is why Delo products provide reliable protection to critical engine parts.