Heavy Duty Engine Oils
Delo® 400 XLE HD SAE 10W-40
Premium performance synthetic heavy-duty engine oil
Delo® 400 XLE HD SAE 10W-40 is a premium performance synthetic heavy-duty engine oil. It is designed for naturally aspirated and turbocharged four-stroke diesel and gas engines in on- and off-highway and construction applications and features ISOSYN® technology, a combination of premium base oils and additives, formulated to promote optimum diesel engine protection.
*Our Product Data Sheets (PDS) contain product information including features, benefits, applications, typical key properties and service considerations. PDSs are produced regionally based on the best available information at the time of issue. For each product, there is one PDS for the Asia Pacific region. The specific information included in each PDS may not directly reflect the Australian market or Australian conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between this webpage and the applicable PDS, this webpage prevails. For the most up-to-date, Australian-specific information contact us. Please note that, by clicking the PDS link, you will be leaving the Caltex Australia website.
- Suitable for a wide range of engine types and applications, helps keep inventories to a minimum and reduce maintenance costs
- Designed to protect against soot and wear in valves, piston rings and piston lands to support long service life and low maintenance
- Helps reduce downtime and cleaning of emission control systems, and promotes longer diesel particulate filter (DPF) life
- Optimised additive systems, combined with synthetic base stocks help control oxidation, sludge, oil thickening and extend oil drain periods
- Synthetic base oil formulation promotes consistent cold engine start-up
- Offers reliable stay-in-grade performance and retains oil film strength in high load, high temperature operation
- Suitability for a wide range of OEM applications helps reduce inventories
- Helps keep piston rings, piston lands and valves clean
- Offers latest technology engine protection
- Formulated to reduce emission control system maintenance
- Designed for extended oil drain intervals
- Promotes good cold-start wear protection
- Delo® 400 XLE HD SAE 10W-40 is recommended for four-stroke naturally aspirated and turbocharged diesel engines.
- Delo® 400 XLE HD SAE 10W-40 is recommended for diesel engines meeting Euro IV, Euro V and the newest Euro VI emissions requirements where permitted by the OEM and is suitable for use in engines with global after treatment systems such as exhaust gas recirculation (EGR), diesel particulate filter (DPF), and selective catalytic reduction (SCR).
- Delo® 400 XLE HD SAE 10W-40 is recommended for both low SAPS (ACEA E6 and E9) technology and high SAPS performance (ACEA E7 and E4).
- Delo® 400 XLE HD SAE 10W-40 is recommended for use in older engines as well as modern low emission designs. It is formulated for high performance with many fuels including low sulphur and ultra low sulphur diesel fuels, and many biofuel formulations. In high sulphur fuels it gives TAN and TBN control equivalent to a high SAPS product.
- Delo® 400 XLE HD SAE 10W-40 is recommended for use in gas engines and in off-highway or construction applications in conditions where SAE 10W-40 is recommended.