Synthetic Air Compressor Oil
Cetus®DE is a premium performance, synthetic compressor oil based on diester technology and containing an ashless inhibitor system, helping to provide protection against corrosion and outstanding oxidation resistance under severe operating conditions.
*Our Product Data Sheets (PDS) contain product information including features, benefits, applications, typical key properties and service considerations. PDSs are produced regionally based on the best available information at the time of issue. For each product, there is one PDS for the Asia Pacific region. The specific information included in each PDS may not directly reflect the Australian market or Australian conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between this webpage and the applicable PDS, this webpage prevails. For the most up-to-date, Australian-specific information contact us. Please note that, by clicking the PDS link, you will be leaving the Caltex Australia website.
- Extended service life
Outstanding oxidation stability of the diester base fluid and inhibitor system resists oil breakdown at the elevated temperatures encountered in compressor service, permitting oil drain intervals to be extended beyond those achieved with conventional lubricants. Low sludge forming tendency and a high solvency for deposits that help to keep compressor parts clean even under severe service conditions.
- Protection at high and low temperatures
Diester base fluid helps to provide an effective oil film to protect loaded parts against wear under both high temperature operating conditions and during low temperature start-up. Higher flash points, fire points, and auto ignition temperatures provide greater margin of safety as compared to conventional mineral oil products. The inhibitor system helps to provide good rust and corrosion protection.
- Cetus®DE is a premium performance, synthetic compressor oil based on diester technology and containing an ashless inhibitor system, helping to provide protection against corrosion and outstanding oxidation resistance under severe operating conditions.
- Cetus®DE oils may be used for portable and stationary rotary screw, rotary vane, and reciprocating compressors. While specific manufacturer recommendations vary, the ISO 68 grade is most commonly used for rotary compressors, while higher viscosity grade may be used for reciprocating units. Also suited for the lubrication of anti-friction bearing assemblies operating under high temperature conditions (e.g. in fans, blowers and process pumps).
- Not recommended for use in breathing air compressors.
- These oils can be used in compressors with the following gases: process air, benzene, butadiene, carbon dioxide (dry), carbon monoxide, ethylene, furnace (crack) gas, helium, hydrocarbon gases, hydrogen, inert gases, methane, natural gas, nitrogen, propane, sulfur hexafluoride, and synthesis gas.
Note that this information is intended for general guidance only. The satisfactory lubrication of gas compressors with Cetus DE is dependant on numerous factors. Advice should be sought from the equipment manufacturer in specific circumstances.