Canopus® Series 32 / 46 / 68 / 100 / 150 / 220 / 320 / 460
Canopus® oils are highly refined paraffinic mineral oil suitable for industrial circulating systems and general purpose lubrication where straight mineral oils are acceptable.
Disclaimer: The actual product may vary from the images shown on this website.
*Our Product Data Sheets (PDS) contain product information including features, benefits, applications, typical key properties and service considerations. PDSs are produced regionally based on the best available information at the time of issue. For each product, there is one PDS for the Asia Pacific region. The specific information included in each PDS may not directly reflect the Australian market or Australian conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between this webpage and the applicable PDS, this webpage prevails. For the most up-to-date, Australian-specific information contact us. Please note that, by clicking the PDS link, you will be leaving the Caltex Australia website.
- Excellent filterability
This highly refined straight mineral oil offers excellent filterability with all commercial filters, and performs exceptionally well with filters using Fuller’s Earth, maximizing filter change intervals.
- Reduced deposit forming tendencies
Water separating characteristics help to prevent sludging in low operating
temperature conditions where condensation is a problem. Low carbon residue forming tendencies assist towards reducing deposit formation in valid applications.
- Inherent oxidation stability
Natural oxidation stability resists oil degradation and oil thickening.
- Canopus® oils are highly refined paraffinic mineral oil suitable for industrial circulating systems and general purpose lubrication where straight mineral oils are acceptable.
Potential applications for Canopus® where it is acceptable to use a straight mineral oil include:
- General purpose industrial lubrication, particularly in “once-through” lubrication systems.
- Industrial circulating systems, particularly those incorporating clay filters to remove high levels of contamination.
- Light duty gear cases.
- Plain and rolling element bearings.
- Engine air cleaners.
- Machine tools.
- Process or extender oils in the rubber and plastics industries.
- Air compressors, as appropriate (not recommended for use in breathing air compressors.
- Vacuum pumps.
- Heat transfer systems.