Aquatex® 3180 oil is a general purpose soluble oil formulated with special base oils, coupling agents and a high level of emulsifiers.
*Disclaimer: The actual product may vary from the images shown on this website*
*Our Product Data Sheets (PDS) contain product information including features, benefits, applications, typical key properties and service considerations. PDSs are produced regionally based on the best available information at the time of issue. For each product, there is one PDS for the Asia Pacific region. The specific information included in each PDS may not directly reflect the Australian market or Australian conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between this webpage and the applicable PDS, this webpage prevails. For the most up-to-date, Australian-specific information contact us. Please note that, by clicking the PDS link, you will be leaving the Caltex Australia website.
- Efficient machining and grinding
Level of detergency prevents loading of grinding wheel with grit and fines, and also assists in flushing and settling of chips. Low foaming tendency is an advantage in high speed operations.
- High precision and surface finish
Excellent cooling and lubricity properties of the emulsion allow for effective heat transfer from the cutting zone, reducing friction between the tool and workpiece, to provide dimensional accuracy and good surface finish on parts.
- Low maintenance
Level of detergency assists in flushing and settling of grinding dirt, promoting longer wheel life. The selected base oil component of the emulsion provides effective rust protection of machine and parts, and the high level of reserve alkalinity reduces acids that develop in emulsion systems with use.
- Aquatex®3180 oil is a general purpose soluble oil formulated with special base oils, coupling agents and a high level of emulsifiers.
- Aquatex®3180 oil has been designed to form very stable emulsions, even with relatively hard water.
- Aquatex®3180 oil exhibits high levels of detergency and reserve alkalinity, low foaming tendencies, and contains a biocide to combat a wide spectrum of micro-organisms commonly found in sumps and reservoirs.
- Light machining such as drilling, planing, milling, sawing and turning operations on a variety of carbon and alloy steels ranging from soft to medium hardness, particularly where carbide tip tooling is being used.
- Recommended for grinding operations where very clean emulsions are typically required to permit rapid settling of fines.