Cetus®DE is a premium performance, synthetic compressor oil based on diester technology and containing an ashless inhibitor system, providing protection against corrosion and outstanding oxidation resistance under severe operating conditions.
- Extended service life
Outstanding oxidation stability of the diester base fluid and inhibitor system resists oil breakdown at the elevated temperatures encountered in compressor service, permitting oil drain intervals to be extended beyond those achieved with conventional lubricants. Low sludge forming tendency and a high solvency for deposits that help to keep compressor parts clean even under severe service conditions.
- Protection at high and low temperatures
Diester base fluid ensures an effective oil film to protect loaded parts against wear under both high temperature operating conditions and during low temperature start-up. Higher flash points, fire points, and auto ignition temperatures provide greater margin of safety as compared to conventional mineral oil products. The inhibitor system provides good rust and corrosion protection.
- Cetus®DE is a premium performance, synthetic compressor oil based on diester technology and containing an ashless inhibitor system, providing protection against corrosion and outstanding oxidation resistance under severe operating conditions.
- Cetus DE oils are used for portable and stationary rotary screw, rotary vane, andreciprocating compressors. While specific manufacturer recommendations vary, theISO 68 grade is most commonly used for rotary compressors, while higher viscositygrade is preferred for reciprocating units. Also suited for the lubrication of anti-frictionbearing assemblies operating under high temperature conditions (e.g. in fans, blowersand process pumps).
- Not recommended for use in breathing air compressors.
- These oils can be used in compressors with the following gases: process air, benzene, butadiene, carbon dioxide (dry), carbon monoxide, ethylene, furnace (crack) gas, helium, hydrocarbon gases, hydrogen, inert gases, methane, natural gas, nitrogen, propane, sulfur hexafluoride, and synthesis gas.
Note that this information is intended for general guidance only. The satisfactory lubrication of gas compressors with Cetus DE is dependant on numerous factors. Advice should be sought from the equipment manufacturer in specific circumstances.
Delo has been delivering end-to-end protection for over 80 years. ISOSYN® Technology is why Delo products provide reliable protection to critical engine parts.
Our Integrated Solutions
From building clear insights to going the extra mile to lower costs, our team of experts will help identify and deliver all you need for world-class business performance.