Automotive Brake and Clutch Fluid
Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 3
Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 3 is a high quality, non-petroleum automotive brake fluid designed for use in conventional hydraulic brake and clutch systems under normal service conditions.
- Good brake response
High boiling point and resistance to vapor formation under normal service conditions ensures that brake pedal travel is taken up in activating the brakes rather than compressing the fluid.
- Protects metal surfaces
Buffered formulation provides protection from acidic oxidation products for cast iron and steel components by maintaining the pH of the fluid in the alkaline range. Advanced technology inhibitors protect other metals such as aluminum, brass, copper, zinc and tin from corrosion by forming a protective layer on the surface.
- Minimizes leakage and loss of pressure
Correct seal swell and lubricity characteristics minimize leakage through seal shrinkage and component wear caused by excessive seal swelling and/or inadequate lubrication of moving parts.
- Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 3 is a high quality, non-petroleum automotive brake fluid designed for use in conventional hydraulic brake and clutch systems under normal service conditions.
- All hydraulically operated motor vehicle braking systems (drum and disc types) for which a DOT 3 or SAE J1703 fluid is specified. This may include:
- Vehicles with anti-lock (ABS) braking systems
- Hydraulic clutch systems requiring conventional fluids
- Passenger cars, commercial road transport, and motorcycles
For vehicles operating in particularly severe service conditions, or where a DOT 4 fluid is specified, Caltex Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 4 is recommended.
For vehicles operating in extreme service conditions, or where a DOT 5.1 fluid is specified, Caltex Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 5.1 is recommended.
Not to be used in systems designed for mineral oil based fluids (LHM), e.g., certain Citroen models and many off-highway vehicles and tractors, or where Silicone DOT 5 fluids are recommended.