Machine Tool Slideway Lubricant
Way Lubricant X 68 / 220
68 / 220
Way Lubricant X is a high quality, machine tool slideway lubricant.
*Our Product Data Sheets (PDS) contain product information including features, benefits, applications, typical key properties and service considerations. PDSs are produced regionally based on the best available information at the time of issue. For each product, there is one PDS for the Asia Pacific region. The specific information included in each PDS may not directly reflect the Australian market or Australian conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between this webpage and the applicable PDS, this webpage prevails. For the most up-to-date, Australian-specific information contact us. Please note that, by clicking the PDS link, you will be leaving the Caltex Australia website.
- Smooth, chatter-free, accurate operation
Special friction modifier provides high lubricity to reduce friction and drag which can cause stick-slip and machine tool chatter, adversely affecting surface finish on machined pieces. Tackiness additive provides a high strength, thick oil film that enables accurate table positioning.
- Protects metal surfaces
EP additive system produces a protective film under heavily loaded conditions to prevent wear and scoring of slideways and guides.
- Stays in place
Special tackiness agent prevents fluid from draining away from lubricated surfaces, particularly on vertical ways. Tackiness and high film strength minimizes squeeze-out of the lubricant on heavily loaded ways, and prevents fluid wash out by emulsifiable cutting fluids.
- Enhances coolant bath life
Excellent demulsibility and coolant separability properties enable rapid separation of the way oil from the coolant reducing the tendency of bacteria growth from oil contamination.
- Combined hydraulic/slideway application
Lubricant inventory is reduced where an ISO 32 grade is required for use as way lubricant and machine tool hydraulic oil.
- Way Lubricant X is a high quality, machine tool slideway ubricant.
- Way Lubricant X isf ormulated from highly refined mineral oil, with EP, friction modifier and tackiness additives
- Way Lubricant X provides good demulsibility properties for coolant separation.
- Machine tool slideways and guides:
- Combined slideway/machine tool hydraulic systems (ISO 32)
- Horizontal slideways (ISO 68)
- Light-to-moderate applications (ISO 68)
- Vertical slideways (ISO 220)- More severe applications (ISO 220)
- Other industrial applications requiring an adhesive, corrosion inhibited lubricant with EP properties