Cetus® PAG is a premium performance synthetic gas compressor lubricant formulated with Polyalkylene glycol and designed for use in enclosed pattern gas compressors where the crankcase and bearings operate in a hydrocarbon or chemical gas-filled atmosphere.
Disclaimer: The actual product may vary from the images shown on this website.
*Our Product Data Sheets (PDS) contain product information including features, benefits, applications, typical key properties and service considerations. PDSs are produced regionally based on the best available information at the time of issue. For each product, there is one PDS for the Asia Pacific region. The specific information included in each PDS may not directly reflect the Australian market or Australian conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between this webpage and the applicable PDS, this webpage prevails. For the most up-to-date, Australian-specific information contact us. Please note that, by clicking the PDS link, you will be leaving the Caltex Australia website.
- Robust formulation offering reliable, extended lubricant service life.
- Helps minimise gas solubility in hydrocarbon and chemical gas-filled atmospheres, promoting improved compressor wear protection.
- Helps reduced foaming and efficiency operation improvement in gas compressor application.
- Designed for multi-gas service across a wide range of gases including vinyl chloride and butadiene.
- Formulated to resist the dimerisation of butadiene and to prevent the generation of solid deposits.
- Suitable for marine service on vessels carrying specialist liquefied gas cargoes.
- Cetus® PAG is a premium performance synthetic gas compressor lubricant formulated with Polyalkylene glycol and designed for use in enclosed pattern gas compressors where the crankcase and bearings operate in a hydrocarbon or chemical gas-filled atmosphere.
- Cetus® PAG is designed to maintain a high level of insolubility in this gas-filled environment helping avoid dilution and the significant drop in oil viscosity and lubricant protection this can cause, making it suitable for marine service on vessels carrying specialist liquefied gas cargoes.
- Enclosed pattern gas compressors in hydrocarbon and chemical gas compression applications, where the crankcase and bearings operate in a gas-filled atmosphere.
- Marine service on vessels carrying specialist liquefied gas cargoes
- Suitable for use with the following gases:
Liquefied petroleum gases such as propane and butane
Liquefied natural gases such as methane and ethane
Hydrocarbon chemical gases such as ethylene, propylene and butylenes
Chemical gases such as vinyl chloride, ammonia, butadiene
- Demonstrates some water tolerance, tolerating up to 4% water before hazing at 80ºC, and has been evaluated for corrosion resistance with 2.5% water.
- Will not affect common seal and gasket materials such as Nitrile Rubber (NBR) and fluorosilicones.