Meropa gear oils deliver value through:
- Gear set efficiencies — High thermal stability EP system helps maintain clean gear and bearing surfaces, minimizing deposits which interfere with effective lubrication. High oxidation stability limits in-service viscosity increases, which can lead to energy losses.
- Long equipment life — Effective EP system forms a protective film in areas of metal-to-metal contact, minimizing wear rates and maintaining efficient transfer of power. Good water separation and effective rust inhibitors protect surfaces against rust and corrosion. High thermal stability additive system minimizes the formation of high temperature compounds which can be corrosive to bearing materials. The effective corrosion inhibitor provides additional protection for metal components.
- Long oil life — Effective oxidation inhibitors and copper passivator minimize oil oxidation, limiting viscosity increase and promoting long drain intervals.
Meropa oils are recommended for:
- industrial enclosed gearing where an AGMA extreme pressure
- lubricant is specifiedbath, splash, circulating, or spray mist lubrication as applicable to the proper viscosity grade
- general industrial plant lubrication where the performance properties of an AGMA extreme pressure lubricant is required
Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturer's recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer's maintenance practices.
For full product description see the PDS