Terms & Conditions
1. Duration: Chevron Singapore Pte. Ltd. (“Chevron”) will contribute $3 (up to a maximum of $60,000) for every successful fuel purchase transaction (any amount) made during the period from 13 September 2019 to 13 October 2019 (“Contribution Period”) and using the CaltexGO fuel payment app to help support the learning of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in Singapore. In the event that there are less than 20,000 successful CaltexGO mobile pay transactions, Chevron will nevertheless top up the shortfall such that the contribution amount shall in any event be $60,000.
2. Public participation: Consumers automatically participate in the contribution by visiting participating Caltex stations and making a successful fuel transaction using the CaltexGO fuel payment app during the Contribution Period ("Qualifying Transaction"). Members of the public are welcome to the Caltex Fuel Your School-Tech Jam 2019 (the “Program”) weekend (26 – 27 October). Participation in the Program during the public weekend is subject to an admission fee of $5 for visitors of Science Centre Singapore (Terms and conditions of admission to Science Centre Singapore applies to non-members). Preferential access and a 20% entry discount to the Program will be granted to participants who present their CaltexGO fuel payment app transaction history.
3. Donation Recipient: The Science Centre Singapore (“Community Partner”) will receive and use Chevron’s donations to fund the Program to be held at its premises.
4. Contingency: In the event of unutilized surplus funds from the Program, Chevron agrees to contribute the funds towards supporting other STEM related programs for eligible beneficiaries identified and mutually agreed upon between Chevron and Community Partner. These programs would include work experience programs that are held on an annual basis at Community Partner’s Centre for Research and Applied Learning in Science. The utilization of such funds for these programs shall be on terms and conditions to be mutually agreed between Chevron and Community Partner.
5. How schools participate: Schools participate in the Program (24 – 25 October, 29 – 31 October) by registering directly with the Community Partner at a first come first served basis. Eligibility for participation is at the sole discretion of the Community Partner.
6. Liability Disclaimer: EACH PARTICIPANT IN THE CALTEX FUEL YOUR SCHOOL PROGRAM AND ITS ELEMENTS, AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING, RELEASES AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS CHEVRON, ITS RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, RELATED COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO ANY PERSON(S), INCLUDING DEATH, AND ANY PROPERTY ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM AND ANY PROGRAM RELATED ACTIVITY. THE CALTEX FUEL YOUR SCHOOL PROGRAM IS PROVIDED = WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
7. Arbitration: Except where prohibited, participants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Program, or the administration of the Program, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration to take place in Singapore pursuant to the prevailing Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Program but in no event will any party be able to recover attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to, claims of punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased is hereby expressly waived.