Aries® is a high performance lubricant for percussion-type air tools, which is formulated from highly refined mineral oils, extreme pressure, oiliness and tackiness additives, emulsifiers, rust and corrosion inhibitors, and anti-foam and anti-fogging agents.
- Protects against wear - Extreme pressure performance withstands heavy shock loads typical of rock drill service, protecting the equipment against rapid wear.
- Protects surfaces in wet environments - Excellent emulsification properties prevent water wash-off from critical areas when operating with wet air, or during hollow rod “wet drilling” operations. Effective rust and corrosion inhibitor system protects critical components in wet air or “wet drilling” operation.
- Enhanced performance - Highly refined base oils with low carbon forming characteristics and special oxidation inhibitor prevent the formation of sludge and deposits which can produce sluggish valve action. Effective anti-foam inhibitor resists foaming in air-line lubricators to enable easy control of oil feed by ensuring regular supply of lubricant to the tool. Special anti-fogging additive minimizes oil fog formation in equipment exhausts.
- Percussion-type air tools operating under wet or dry conditions, including:
- Rock drills
- Concrete and pavement breakers (jackhammers)
- Riveting and chipping hammers, etc.
- Centralized lubricators of larger crawler-mounted pneumatic drill rigs
- Below are general ambient temperature guidelines for adequate atomization of airline lubricators. OEM guidelines precede these, and should always be followed.
- Aries 100 : 5°C to 25°C
- Aries 150 : Above 25° C
- Aries 320 : Above 30°C
Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturer's recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer's maintenance practices.
For full product description see the PDS